Bedsores — or pressure ulcers — are injuries to the skin and underlying tissue resulting from prolonged pressure on the skin. They most often develop on heels, ankles, hips, and tailbones. If you are looking for a product to help reduce pain from pressure ulcers, check out the Alternating Pressure Pad.
Vive Health’s Alternating Pressure Pad “effectively reduces pain from pressure by evenly distributing and comfortably supporting body weight.” The pad simply rests on top of your existing mattress and promotes increased circulation while reducing skin breakage. The air pressure rotates throughout the mattress pad about every six minutes; it features two main air chambers that alternate, causing the patient’s weight to shift.
Each unit comes with:
- Alternating Pressure Pump
- Alternating Pressure Pad
- Flexible Air Hose
- Patch Kit
- Instruction Manual
- 1-year Guarantee on Pump
- 60 Day Guarantee on Pad
In addition to rotating pressure automatically, you can adjust the firmness or softness of the Alternating Pressure Pad by turning the dial knob on the pressure pump. Turn the dial towards the “+” sign for higher pressure and turn towards the “-” for lower pressure.
Overview of the Alternating Pressure Pad:
- The pad uses the distribution of air that cycles between cells to stimulate blood flow and distribute weight off pressure points
- Ideal for patients who are likely to spend more than 15 hours per day in bed or who are classified as medium to high risk of developing pressure ulcers. People at higher risk include those who:
- Are seriously ill
- Are not mobile
- Have spinal cord injury
- Do not eat a proper diet
- Wear prosthesis
- Have COPD or heart failure
- Have a broken hip or have had a recent hip surgery
- Equipped with 130 individually heat sealed air bubbles for even weight disbursement and durable support
- Offers multiple levels of pressure in quiet six-minute cycles “for a comfortable and undisturbed” night’s sleep
- Supports up to 300 pounds
- Made from waterproof, latex-free vinyl
- Extra-long overlay pad easily fits on an existing hospital bed, twin, full, queen, or king mattresses; measures 36 inches wide
Click here to learn more!