A couple of weeks ago I wrote about Amazon’s new subscription service, Alexa Together, which provides round-the-clock protection for individuals aging in place. If you pair a compatible fall detection device, like SkyAngelCare, with Alexa Together, Alexa will call Amazon’s Urgent Response team and contact a designated caregiver in the event of a fall.
SkyAngelCare is a fall detection pendant that can be worn around the user’s neck. Whenever it detects a fall, or if the user presses the SOS button, Alexa will call for help.
The pendant is waterproof, so it can be worn while showering or taking a bath. Here are the requirements for the device to work:
- WiFi – the device must be within range of the home’s WiFi to work
- Alexa Together subscription
- Amazon Echo or Echo Show device
Overview of SkyAngelCare:
- Waterproof fall detection pendant that will contact Amazon’s Urgent Response team and a designated caregiver in the event of a fall, or if the user presses the SOS button
- Requires WiFi to work: the pendant must be within range of the user’s home WiFi for it to work
- Waterproof design so wearers can wear the pendant in the shower or while taking a bath
- When it’s already on and running, the SkyAngelCare device will automatically check every 7 days for software updates
- Comes with:
- SkyAngelCare pendant
- Necklace lanyard
- Charging cord
- Wall plug
- Charging station
Click here to learn more!