Music can be a powerful tool for individuals with or without special needs. A new app, Vera, is dedicated to helping individuals with dementia by creating personalized playlists that stir different parts of the brain.
According to the app’s description, the app can “bring joy, reduce agitation, and improve the quality of life.” To help ease daily care routines, there are three personally curated music stations unique to every listener: Relax, Reminisce, and Energize.
Here’s more from the App Store:
“With access to over one million hits from the past, caregivers can play the music their loved ones listened to in their youth without needing to intervene or actively manage the music selections…”
Overview of Vera:
- A powerful tool that enhances the daily care routine by making it easy to find and play the music that your loved one loves
- Rediscover the long-forgotten songs from artists such as Elton John, The Rolling Stones, Dolly Parton, Aretha Franklin, Beethoven, and much more
- Access to thousands of hours of music that is personally significant to your loved one
- Like or remove songs that have different impacts, with the ability to add notes
- May help increase motor and cognitive functions, as well as mood, memory, and sleep
- 24/7 access to the Vera support team with open feedback and communication channels
Click here to learn more!