Hey there! Welcome to Accessibility Minute, your weekly look at Assistive Technology, those clever tools and devices designed to help people who have difficulties with vision, mobility, hearing, or other special needs!
If you’re looking for a way to keep tabs on your loved one aging in place, check out the Theora Connect GPS Smartwatch. Combined with the Theora Link smartphone app, Theora Connect provides a “complete remote monitoring and communications solution to keep families connected.”
The smartwatch combines a watch, a pre-activated cell phone, a two-way voice interface, and a GPS personal tracker, providing direct communications for enhanced peace of mind for caregivers and their care recipients. The free Theora Link smartphone app provides caregivers with notifications for location, status updates, alerts, low battery, and direct communication with their care recipient.
Other features of Theora Connect GPS Smartwatch include:
- Specially designed smartwatch for individuals living with dementia, Alzheimer’s, and memory loss
- Hands-free 2-way communications and geo-fence technology to set safe zones for routine activities such as being home, or going to doctor’s offices or stores
- Lightweight, “comfortable, and non-clinical looking”
- Water resistant: it can be splashed but should not be submerged in water
- Ready to use out of the box
- And much more
Visit TheoraCare.com to learn more!
For more information, to read our blog, or to drop us a line, visit EasterSealsTech.com.
I’d like to take a moment to thank InTRAC, the Indiana Telephone Relay Access Corporation for sponsoring our transcript today. You can find out more about InTRAC at relayindiana.com.
That was your Accessibility Minute for this week! I’m ____ with the INDATA Project at Easterseals Crossroads, in Indiana.