If you’re looking for a fun app to help your child read and spell English, check out Niskoo: Reading and Spelling! Niskoo is an educational app designed for younger children to help them increase their vocabulary by helping them learn how to read and spell through phonics practice.
The app contains a number of scenarios based on the real world. While using the app, children work their way through pictures by selecting an item and hearing how it’s pronounced.
There are a couple of different modes in the app children can choose from:
- Vocabulary mode: users can work their way through cartoon images by hearing all the words in a scene and extending their vocabulary
- Spelling mode: users can work through the same scenario pictures by spelling the words (instead of just hearing the words said aloud)
Overview of Niskoo: Reading and Spelling:
- Montessori-based approach to learning
- Users get to choose what to learn and how they want to learn
- Each word is spelled out phonetically, making it easy to learn tricky letter combinations
- With scene selection, children can pick from dozens of scenes (like “Family,” “Fruit,” “Face,” etc.); each scene contains multiple words for users to learn
- In spelling mode, children simply drag the letters to the correct box to earn points; they can also click HELP if they get stuck
- Completely ad-free
Check it out on the App Store to learn more!