Last week, I wrote about the FireAvert fire safety device that helps prevent stove fires. Another available option is the CookStop Automatic Stove/Oven Control.
CookStop Automatic Stove/Oven Control can be used to limit the times when the oven is operable or to turn off the stove if there’s no one in the kitchen. This programmable stove control has 2 components: one plugs into the wall behind your stove, and the other fits beneath an adjacent cabinet or on the counter backsplash, continuously monitoring activity in the kitchen.
You can program the motion detector to turn the stove off 5, 10, or 15 minutes after the room is empty. To restart the stove or oven, just press “Cook”. You can push the “Override” button when leaving unattended pots on the stove or in the oven is safe.
Overview of CookStop Automatic Stove/Oven Control:
- Programmable stove control has two components: one plugs into the wall and the other fits beneath an adjacent cabinet or on the counter
- Programmable to automatically turn off the stove and oven after 5 seconds to 90 minutes if no activity is detected in the kitchen
- Factory default is 5 minutes
- The device continuously monitors activity in the kitchen; if the resident leaves the room or falls asleep, the CookStop shuts the stove or oven off. Users can turn the stove/oven back on by pressing “Cook”
- Fits stoves with three or four prong 240v plugs
- Only works with electric stoves and ovens
Click here to learn more!