There is a new product available to help improve the safety of individuals who are blind: introducing the See Me Cane. The See Me Cane is a lighted white cane that makes users more visible to others in low-light conditions. It feels like a traditional white cane, but as the user sweeps and taps the See Me Cane, it creates a light show, drawing people’s attention to the cane and its user.
According to the product’s website:
“The See Me Cane is a simple but powerful blind cane. It comes in different sizes (from 2 feet to 6 1/2 feet). Running on a rechargeable battery, this LED-lighted cane can be seen by nighttime drivers up to 100 yards away. The handle has two buttons: one for the on/off function and another that causes the cane to vibrate letting the user know its on/off status…”
Overview of See Me Cane:
- Made of fiberglass
- Available in various sizes, from 32 to 56 inches
- Please note it is not adjustable and cannot be exchanged once it’s received
- There are various threaded tips to choose from
- Weighs about 1 to 2 ounces more than traditional white canes
- Battery lasts up to about 2 hours, depending on the length of the cane; shorter canes may have a longer battery life, while longer canes may have a shorter battery life
- Takes about 2 hours to recharge
- Vibration button indicates whether the LED lights are on or off
- The cane is water-resistant, but it is not waterproof so do not submerge it in water
Click here to learn more!