HumanWare is a company that aims to “develop solutions enabling people living with visual impairment and vision loss to develop their potential and maintain their autonomy. Through the dedication of our employees and partners in North America, the United Kingdom, Australia, and a worldwide distribution network, we improve the quality of life for our customers by promoting literacy, inclusion, and accessibility…”
One of their available solutions is the HumanWare Connect 12. The Connect 12 is an innovative, ultra-portable magnifier. It combines the “power and connectivity of mainstream technology with the efficiency and ease of use of assistive technology.” This versatile device offers several features to address low vision needs.
Overview of HumanWare Connect 12 Portable Magnifier:
- Crisp, high-definition magnification up to 24x
- Online book access
- Full HD 12-inch touch screen with gestures
- LED light in stand
- Customizable reading modes, 20 color schemes, contrast, system fonts, etc.
- Built-in calculator, Google search, email, app downloads
- Study skills tools like notes and highlighters
- Optional distance camera
- “Exceptionally accurate” optical character recognition (OCR) technology
- Superior sounding text-to-speech (TTS) to assist with reading tasks
- Android operating system brings the world of productivity tools like Google Suite or Microsoft 365
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
Click here to learn more!