Our next FREE full day training registeration is now open!
Making Assistive Technology Solutions in Minutes presented by Dr. Therese Willkomm, PhD, Director of New Hampshire’s State AT Program, at the Institute on Disability at the University of New Hampshire (UNH) will be held on Wednesday, October 25, 2023 from 9:00 am to 2:45 pm.
This event will be an online only event. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available for online attendees who watch the live event. CEU’s cannot be provided to anyone who watches the archived video of this training.
During this training, attends will explore hundreds of assistive technology solutions that can be made in minutes using 25 different tools, specialty tapes, and plastics for rapid device creation and modification. This includes devices for self-care, eating, drinking, reading, writing, communicating, employment, driving, independent living, self regulation, and recreation.
Participants will learn:
- To identify and describe at least ten different assistive technology solutions that can be made in 5 minutes or less using everyday tools and materials.
- To identify at least five different specialty tapes for rapid device creations.
- To identify at least five different plastics for rapid device creations.
- To identify at least five tools for cutting plastics.
- To identify at least three different resources for making, mounting, and modifying assistive technology solutions in minutes.