Marshmallow Games is a multi-award-winning game studio that develops apps used by millions of children worldwide. The company is a team of educators, developers, artists, and designers. One of their available apps is Smart Tales.
Smart Tales is an app full of stories and educational games for children that stimulate the imagination and passion for STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) subjects. While it helps ignite children’s passion for math and other STEM subjects, it also helps with reading, letter formation, and other early literacy skills. Additionally, many of its stories touch on social and emotional learning themes.
Smart Tales uses plenty of narration (in stories and activities) to help individuals who might be unable to read instructions; this feature may also benefit users with visual impairments and dyslexia. There is also an option for a dyslexia-friendly font as well as built-in color blindness filters.
Overview of Smart Tales app:
- Introduces young children to STEM subjects, assists in early literacy skills, and promotes social and emotional development
- Designed in collaboration with education experts
- Personalized Learning Path adapts to each child’s learning pace and preferences
- Over 1,000 games of logic, math, coding, and creativity
- 80+ interactive stories to help children fall in love with reading
- 300+ printable worksheets
- Parents area allows parents/caregivers to set the usage timer and check on their child’s progress in real-time
- New features help improve the readability of texts and the user experience for children with special needs
- For children ages 2+
- Available for both Android and iOS devices
Click here to learn more!