Learning new languages can be challenging, but apps like Duolingo can help make it fun. Duolingo is a mobile app that can help individuals learn 40+ different languages. According to its description on the App Store, it is “the world’s most downloaded education app.” It teaches languages through quick, bite-sized lessons.
While using the app, users can practice speaking, reading, listening, and writing to build their vocabulary and grammar skills. It was designed by language experts and can help individuals prepare for real conversations in French, Chinese, Spanish, Italian, German, English, and more. “Whether you’re learning a language for travel, school, career, family, and friends, or your brain health, you’ll love learning with Duolingo.”
Overview of Duolingo:
- Fun and effective game-like lessons and fun characters help users build solid speaking, reading, listening, and writing skills
- Has a science-based teaching methodology proven to foster long-term language retention
- Users can work toward their language learning goals with playful rewards and achievements when they make practicing a daily habit
- Users can stay motivated with competitive leaderboards as they learn alongside Duolingo’s global community
- Every language course is free; users can learn Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Dutch, Turkish, Danish, Swedish, Ukrainian, Polish, Latin, Hebrew, Greek, Norwegian, Hungarian, Hawaiian, Gaelic, Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean, and more!
- While Duolingo is free to use, users can purchase Super Duolingo, which features no ads and fun perks like unlimited hearts and monthly streak repair; Super Duolingo is free to try for 14 days
- Available for both iOS and Android devices
Click here to learn more!