On Tuesday, I wrote about Duolingo, which is an app that helps individuals learn new languages. The same creators behind this app developed another educational app called Duolingo ABC.
Duolingo ABC is a “fun, hands-on way for your child to learn to read.” Designed for children in preschool through 2nd grade, the app engages children with interactive stories and over 700 hands-on lessons. It features bite-sized lessons to help kiddos learn the alphabet, phonics, sight words, vocabulary, and more.
Here’s more from the App Store:
“Interactive stories will teach kids to read and build fluency. Delightful stories include engaging imagery while reading words aloud to kids and highlighting each word spoken. This utilizes multi-sensory learning, and can help your child learn to read independently…”
Overview of Duolingo ABC:
- Engage kids in hands-on learning they will love
- New lessons added frequently
- Bite-sized lessons help children learn phonics, sight words, and vocabulary
- Designed by literacy and early-education experts to develop kids’ skills in phonics, sight words, reading, and more
- Get children excited to learn with mini-games and rewards to stay motivated and keep going
- No ads or in-app purchases
- Offline learning so you can use the app on a plane, at a restaurant, or anywhere, anytime
Click here to learn more!