As a leading provider of programs for people with disabilities in our community, Easterseals Crossroads has been providing services for over 80 years. Realizing the tremendous need for people with disabilities to achieve and maintain their greatest levels of independence, we incorporated assistive technology in our employment training programs in 1979. We later opened our Assistive Technology Center at Easterseals Crossroads in 1990 to provide technology solutions for all program areas.
In 2007, Easterseals Crossroads partnered with the State of Indiana Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services to establish the Indiana Assistive Technology Act (INDATA) Project. The INDATA Project is one of 56 similar, federally-funded projects designed to increase access and awareness of assistive technology
The INDATA Project core services include:
- Information and referral
- Funding assistance
- Public awareness and education
- Device demonstration
- Device loan
- Reutilized computers and equipment reutilization
“The term ‘assistive technology device’ means any item, piece of equipment or product system, whether acquired commercially off the shelf, modified or customized, that is used to increase, maintain or improve the functional capabilities of individuals with disabilities.” – Assistive Technology Act of 1998
To keep up to date on INDATA information and events, sign up for our email list here. (link to mailing list page/signup)
Ways to Stay Connected
One of our goals at the INDATA Project is to be an industry leader in sharing all kinds of assistive technology-related content. You can always visit our website to get that information. We also offer a number of ways for you to subscribe to our content — that makes staying up to date with the latest information in assistive technology easy.
Here are some ways to subscribe:
- Email newsletters (10-12 emails per year, including training announcements) (link to mailing list page/signup)
- Assistive Technology Update: a weekly podcast to keep you up to date with the latest developments in the field of assistive technology designed to assist persons with disabilities and special needs
- Accessibility Minute: a weekly fast-paced podcast to look at assistive technology, those clever tools and devices designed to help people who have difficulty with vision, mobility, hearing or other special needs
- Assistive Technology FAQ: a twice-monthly question and answer show to address a wide variety of assistive technology questions from persons with disabilities, family members, service providers and other interested parties
- Tech Tip Videos (link to YouTube Channel) https://www.youtube.com/c/INDATAProject
- Blog (link to actual blog page)
We hope the above options provide just the right amount of assistive technology information. Feel free to subscribe to as many or as few as you’d like!
If you have questions about any of the above subscription options, contact Nikol Prieto.