WHEN: September 25, 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
WHERE: IDTC of Lafayette (3700 Rome Drive)
WHY: Learn about the various agencies that assist children with disabilities and their families. Agencies will have personnel on hand to answer your questions about services they provide.
Wade Wingler, Director of Assistive Technology of Easter Seals Crossroads, will be presenting on the technology services available to children and adults in Indiana. He will also bring several assistive technology devices that benefit those with vision, hearing, communication, and mobility needs.
Other speakers include:
- Cathy Boswell of IN*SOURCE, who will present a jam-packed session on Understanding Article 7. Cathy has a great way of helping parents make sense of Article 7 and special education law
- Brenda Hamilton of Indiana Federation of Families will provide information on advocating services for children with mental illnesses
- Jennifer Windler of Greater Lafayette Area Special Education Services will present information on transitioning from school to work
- Gordon Holmes of MetLife will discuss special needs estate planning
- Renee Pitree of The Arc of Indiana will provide attendees with information regarding Medicaid Waivers
Please RSVP by September 16 by visiting the INSOURCE website.