There are already several apps and resources available for individuals with dyslexia, ADHD, and other learning disabilities. The C-Pen Reader Pen is a newer device designed to benefit any individuals who struggle with reading. It is a standalone pen that scans words and speaks them aloud and is noted as a “major technological breakthrough for anyone learning English and is a lifesaver for those who suffer from reading difficulties such as dyslexia.”
The C-Pen Reader is a pocket-sized device that reads any text aloud in a naturally-speaking English voice. It is noted to be half the size of other portable pen scanners, and because it is smaller and lighter, it can be used as a learning tool for children ages 6 and up!
C-Pen Reader Features:
- Easy to use:
- To begin using, simply pass the nib across any word and it’ll instantly display the definition and read it aloud.
- It is also a scanner for capturing lines of text and uploading to a computer.
- “The only portable line scanner on the market that is both Mac and PC compatible.”
- No extra software required; simply connect the pen to a computer with a USB cable and it’ll appear on the desktop as an external hard drive.
- Built-in voice recorder with playback.
- Holds 1 GB storage.
- Includes UK and US English and Spanish accents.
- Translates English-Spanish-English.
- Package contents include:
- C610 Exam Reader
- Carrying Case
- USB Cable
- Instruction Manual
- Free future upgrades
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery