Visual Schedules are ideal tools for individuals with autism, ADHD, and other special needs. The Children with Autism: A Visual Schedule by Enuma is the “first wearable picture-based scheduler designed with children and adults with autism in mind.” The app’s user-friendly interface makes it easy to create a picture-based, personalized daily schedule.
“Understanding and following a daily routine is an important life skill that is often difficult for children who struggle to manage their time. Not knowing what comes next can decrease a child’s ability to self-regulate potential anxiety.” Many teachers and parents take the time creating visual schedules to help children manage their time, but doing so can be difficult to create and maintain. The Visual Schedule app by Enuma utilizes simple graphics and interfaces that encourage children to maintain their own schedules.
Features of Visual Schedule by Enuma:
- Compatible with any iOS device or Apple Watch
- Helps individuals concentrate in order to complete any task at hand
- Check the status of a current event and review all tasks related to the event
- Create and edit custom daily and weekly schedules with simple tap-and-drag functionality
- 14 default event icons for school and home
- Ability to create custom event icons using photos
Click here to learn more about Children with Autism: A Visual Schedule.
This looks amazing, does it track in real time? My youngest wakes in the middle of the night with anxiety about when morning will be, and a visual to show he has lots of time would calm and settle him. The App Store says not available in my country…when will it be available in Canada?