For the past few years, I have prepared around 80-90% of my meals in a microwave. A girl can only eat so many Lean Cuisines and other microwavable entrees before getting sick of them. So when I say I have prepared most of my meals in the microwave, I mean I have cooked boxed pasta, fresh veggies, and more all within my microwave.
Preparing meals in a microwave is generally easier (for me) for a variety of reasons: less mess, faster cooking times, lighter cookware, and more. Because of my progressive muscle weakness, it began getting too hard to lift a pot, let alone a pot with water and pasta in it! Therefore cooking in the microwave was a complete game changer for me. Keep on reading about different resources available to help you cook foods more easily, too.
4 Microwave Resources to Simplify Your Life:
Sistema offers a unique and durable Microwave Noodle Bowl. It’s designed for heating instant noodles, pasta, soups, or stews in the microwave.
- Unique vent enables splatter-free heating and for steam to escape during cooking, while maintaining moisture in your food
- Easy lift tabs which keep your hands safe during handling
- Top rack dishwasher safe
- BPA free
- Comes in green, pink, purple or blue
- 4 cup capacity
The Microhearth Grill Pan is a “revolutionary pan used in your microwave with cooking results that may surprise you. The results are moist and flavorful foods that utilize the microwave oven’s convenience.”
- Nonstick coated metal pan with raised base gives food seared grill marks and keeps them out of drippings
- Durable, high-heat resistant body is formulated to safely perform under the hottest temperatures
- Ceramic-coated metal lid with standing handle allows you to conveniently rest it upright so moisture doesn’t drip on the counter
- Versatile and compact for easy storage
Easily make perfect rice and other delicious rice-based meals in your microwave. No more gluey, over-cooked rice – and no more scraping burned rice from the sides of pots and pans when cooking rice on your stovetop!
- Flip-down lid locks for safe cooking
- 5 cup (1.2 liter) capacity
- Made of durable, high heat-resistant plastic
- Odorless, sanitary, and easy to clean
- Comes with rice cooker, cover, measuring cup and spoon
Looking for something to steam large quantities of veggies, fish and more in the microwave? Check out the OXO Good Grips Microwave Steamer!
- Safety design has a push-to-open lid that keeps hands away from steam
- Stay-cool handles for safe lifting and carrying
- Adjustable steam control vent
- Large capacity basket for steaming family portions of veggies, fish and more
- Tabs on inner basket for easy lifting
- Dishwasher safe
What are your recommendations for microwave resources?