I previously wrote about NeuroNode from Control Bionics back in 2018. If you’re unfamiliar with the product, the NeuroNode is a “small, non-invasive, wireless EMG assistive communication device.” Control Bionics now offers a new innovative wearable: introducing the NeuroNode Trilogy!
Control Bionics was founded by Peter Ford after researching ways individuals with paralysis or loss of speech could communicate without a keyboard or mouse. Here’s more about the founder and company:
“For some people, Peter’s face may be familiar from his time as a CNN news anchor. But Peter’s real passion has always been bionics and robotics. In particular, he was inspired by the potential to help free one of the world’s great minds, Stephen Hawking.
In 1989, Peter identified that the patients’ damaged muscles still emitted small electrical signals that could be used to reliably control basic computer functions. And with that, Control Bionics was born.”
The company’s newest product, the NeuroNode Trilogy, is a 3-in-1 solution for individuals living with paralysis and loss of speech. According to its website, it combines touch control, eye control, and NeuroNode 3.0 control. Combining all of these control methods “significantly increases communication speed and outputs up to 133%! “
How does it work?
Place the NeuroNode 3.0 on the skin over the muscle chosen to be the switch. When you attempt to move that muscle, the NeuroNode detects your bioelectrical (EMG) signals, even if there is no visible muscle movement, and uses these signals to allow you to control Grid 3.
This revolutionary AAC device is ideal for individuals with ALS, spinal muscular atrophy, cerebral palsy, or spinal cord injury.
Overview of the NeuroNode Trilogy:
- Durable, lightweight solutions for users on the go
- 3-in-1 solution for flexible access over time
- Wearable, wireless access that moves with the user
- Easy for caregivers to set up and operate – only calibrate once!
- Fast for users to learn and control – begin using it within 30 minutes
- Individuals wearing the device will be able to:
- Communicate with family, friends, caregivers, and clinicians
- Browse the web, watch videos and movies
- Send and receive email and text messages
- Listen to music, radio, and podcasts
- Read the news
- Use environmental control systems
- Explore the world using AT and telepresence robots
- Control external devices
Specs and Accessories:
- 2-year warranty
- NeuroNode 3.0 rechargeable battery for 24+ hours of continuous use
- 6-12 month electrode supply (when required or requested)
- 12″ display device
- Durable case with VESA mount
- Weighs under 6 pounds
- NeuroNode Controller Application
- Grid 3 communication software
Click here to learn more about the NeuroNode Trilogy!