We’ve written about different medication dispensers such as the Hero Smart Pill Dispenser. Another available option is Dose Flip, which is a portable smart pill box. It can be set up to match an individual’s medication schedule, to ensure they receive the correct medications at the right times.
At the scheduled time, the Dose Flip will sound an alarm and flash a light. To dispense the medication, you simply flip the pill box over into your hand or a cup so you can take your medication.
The device can notify caregivers if medications are not being remembered or taken as directed. It can send notifications via phone call, text message, or email.
The device is small enough to carry around but big enough to still hold all necessary medications. “Each compartment fits a large number of medications. For example: 7 multivitamins, 12 acetaminophen gell caps, 3 fish oils, or 22 aspirin-size tablets.”
Dose Flip is easy to set up. It features a built-in touchscreen that walks users through a simple setup process. They offer 24/7 support and free over-the-phone setups if necessary. The on-screen animation also shows how to correctly fill medications in each compartment.
Another neat feature of Dose Flip’s services is that the company provides adaptive equipment to ensure the dispenser is accessible for everyone—at no extra cost.
Overview of Dose Flip:
- Smart medication dispenser that ensures users take the right medications at the right times
- The company offers free adaptive equipment to ensure the dispenser is accessible for everyone:
- Stand: the stand can be used for individuals who are hard of hearing. It positions the Dose Flip so the flashing light from the screen is easier to see
- Adaptive Flipper: the adaptive flipper can make it easier to dispense medications; this can be used for anyone who may struggle to pick up and flip the device on their own
- Extra Tray: extra trays can be used to make refilling easier; they can be pre-filled in advance and easily swapped into the device when a refill is needed
- Refilling Disk: the refilling disk clicks onto the tray of the device to expand the filling surface, making it easier to double-check medications as they are filled
- A “crystal clear, friendly” alarm sounds whenever it’s time to take medication
- One tray will hold up to 2 weeks worth of medications
- Lockable to avoid unwanted openings; with a cellular connection, the device can detect if a dose is being tampered with from anywhere
- No WiFi necessary
Click here to learn more!