Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve written about different simple music players which may benefit individuals with dementia and more. Another available music-playing option is Arthur the Musical Teddy Bear.
Arthur the Musical Teddy Bear is designed specifically to meet the needs of people with Alzheimer’s, dementia, autism, and more. It comes preloaded with a few classic songs, but you can add 1,000 songs! To play music, simply press the bear’s paw.
Here’s more from the Alz Store’s description:
“Arthur – a musical teddy bear combines the benefits of music for people with cognizant challenges, such as dementia, learning difficulties, and autism, combined with the widely accepted advantages offered by ‘doll therapy’…
Arthur is a rather special therapeutic bear designed to offer comfort, pleasure, and sensory stimulation. This irresistibly soft and tactile teddy bear has multiple benefits for people with dementia.”
Overview of Arthur the Musical Teddy Bear:
- Music player that can be loaded with favorite songs, storybooks, nursery rhymes, Bible verses, or hymns
- Safe for both children and adults as there are no buttons, zippers, or snaps
- The rechargeable battery pack is hidden within
- Combines benefits of music and doll/cuddle therapy
- Simple to use: press the paw and the music begins
- 4GB capacity; holds up to 1,000 songs
Click here to learn more!