Over the years, I’ve written about several different Ring devices to help keep your home secure. Now the company has released a camera for your car: introducing Ring Car Cam!
Ring Car Cam is a dash camera featuring two wide-angle cameras with Night Vision. One camera faces the road to capture detailed driving footage and the other faces the inside of your car so you have a security camera to protect against break-ins.
Just like other Ring devices, you’ll receive alerts for motion detected in your car when it’s connected to your home WiFi. There are also Live View and Two-Way Talk options so you have the ability to see inside and talk with anyone in your car from your smartphone through the Ring app.
Overview of Ring Car Cam:
- Dual-facing HD cameras: one captures driving footage and the other helps protect against break-ins
- Built-in privacy cover allows you to block the cabin-facing camera which also electronically shuts off the microphone
- You can see inside and talk to anyone in your car with Live View and Two-Way Talk options
- Ask Car Cam to record by using the command, “Alexa, record” to save highlights to the cloud with an optional Ring Protect Go subscription (sold separately)
- Ring Protect Go: when your car’s away from your home WiFi, get access to 180-day cloud storage, use Live View and Two-Way Talk no matter where your car is, locate your car with built-in GPS, get rich notifications, real-time notifications, and more
- Plugs into your vehicle’s OBD-II port. For safety, only use the camera in vehicles where the OBD-II port is located on the left side of the steering wheel
Click here to learn more!