Hey there! Welcome to Accessibility Minute, your weekly look at Assistive Technology, those clever tools and devices designed to help people who have difficulties with vision, mobility, hearing, or other special needs!
HumanWare is a company that aims to “develop solutions enabling people living with visual impairment and vision loss to develop their potential and maintain their autonomy.”
One of their available solutions is the HumanWare Connect 12. The Connect 12 is an innovative, ultra-portable video magnifier. It combines the “power and connectivity of mainstream technology with the efficiency and ease of use of assistive technology.” This versatile device offers several features to address low vision needs.
- Crisp, high-definition magnification up to 24x
- Online book access
- Full HD 12-inch touch screen with gestures
- LED light in stand
- Customizable reading modes, 20 color schemes, contrast, system fonts, etc.
- Built-in calculator, Google search, email, app downloads
- Study skills tools like notes and highlighters
- Optional distance camera
- “Exceptionally accurate” optical character recognition (OCR) technology
- Superior sounding text-to-speech (TTS) to assist with reading tasks
- Android operating system brings the world of productivity tools like Google Suite or Microsoft 365
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
Visit HumanWare.com to learn more!
For more information, to read our blog, or to drop us a line, visit EasterSealsTech.com.
I’d like to take a moment to thank InTRAC, the Indiana Telephone Relay Access Corporation for sponsoring our transcript today. You can find out more about InTRAC at relayindiana.com.
That was your Accessibility Minute for this week! I’m Laura Medcalf with the INDATA Project at Easterseals Crossroads, in Indiana.