Practicing breathing exercises can benefit individuals with stress, insomnia, anxiety, ADHD, pain, and more. If you are looking for a resource to help guide you through different breathing exercises, check out Breathwrk!
Before diving into the details of the app, let’s first discuss some of the science behind breathing exercises:
“Our autonomic nervous system controls involuntary activities in the body like heart rate and digestion. Broken into two branches that function as dials, the sympathetic nervous system controls and stimulates an activating ‘fight or flight’ response, preparing you for perceived danger or arousal. The other branch, the parasympathetic nervous system, controls and stimulates your ‘rest and relax’ response, guiding you into a calm state.
Breathing is one exception to the autonomic systems in that it functions automatically and you can voluntarily control it. Because all of our autonomic systems are intricately linked, voluntarily changing your breathing rate or pattern can cause windfall effects throughout the entire body. Studies have shown breath practices to reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety, insomnia, PTSD, obsessive-compulsive disorder, attention deficit disorder and schizophrenia.
With Breathwrk, you can utilize breathing exercises which can assist you in activating the parasympathetic nervous system and suppressing the sympathetic nervous system in order to respond to stress effectively.”
The Breathwrk app guides users through “powerful” breathing exercises to help them breathe more effectively, strengthen their diaphragm, increase their oxygenation and energy levels, improve endurance, help them fall asleep, and so much more.
Throughout the app, users will learn and practice various science-backed breathing methods that are accompanied by original music, vibrations, and visuals. Unlike other mindfulness methods which take a lot of time and practice, this app is easy to learn and works fast on both the mind AND body.
Overview of Breathwrk App:
- App guides users through quick and powerful breathing exercises to help:
- Eliminate stress and anxiety
- Increase energy
- Improve endurance
- Curve insomnia
- Alleviate pain
- Choose from a vast library of exercises on everything from increasing your focus and productivity to reducing stress, uplifting your mood, etc.
- Some available exercises within the app include:
- Anxiety Ease
- And more!
- Users can fully customize their breathing experience
- Explore different sounds and music from Grammy Award-winning artist DJ White Shadow
- Feel the breathing patterns with advanced vibrations and choose between unique visuals
- It has been scientifically proven that the pattern and way in which you breathe actually affects your physical and mental wellbeing
- Users can also track and test progress with these built-in tools:
- Breath Counter
- Mindfulness Minutes
- Streaks and Levels
- Breath Hold Timer
- Exhale Timer
Check it out on the App Store to learn more!
Click here to view the developer’s website.
Such an app is very much needed for mankind in these pandemic days. Thank you for all the information shared.